Sunday, October 27, 2019

Puppy Love




Puppy Love
By: KB 9.25.14

The only thing wrong with crushes and puppy love is that we didn’t have the skills to handle it…
But the rush and drama of it all made it so much damn fun
I want that kind of feeling again to share with only one

I want to spend a few hours on the phone talking about nothing
You hang up
No, you hang up
Falling asleep on the other end
Waking each other up to start it all again

I want to write your name with mine
First and last in various ways intertwined
I want you to do the same
Only difference being you would have my last name
Autographs of love, like the candy heart valentine
A sweet way of saying baby please be mine

I dig the old school silly
I’m all grown up now
I believe in the simplicity
And hope it works somehow
I believe in childhood magic
I really trust this thing
I hope one day it ends with a perfect kiss and ring


No comments:

Post a Comment