Wednesday, October 16, 2019

In the Valley




In the Valley
by: KB 8.21.14

My heart has known heartbreak
it also knows joy as well as pain
I have been abounded and abased
Yet I know where I stand
it's not about emotion
or physical expression
(although, don't get me wrong they're both good)
it's about whose I am
and what was spoken to me
what is written on my heart tell me where I'm supposed to be
sometimes He leads you to a valley
and you endure a test
it's all part of the process
to accentuate the blessed
I will stand the valley even though it's cold and I'm alone
I will do what I'm told to do
because I have an appointed home
the word contrition means a bruised heart
a mental, spiritual  and physical separation from those you love
the beauty of the trial is that it's a blessing from above


No comments:

Post a Comment