Wednesday, October 16, 2019

If I Use The Word




If I use the word
By: KB  © 11.3.14

You can call yourself a bitch
 In the belief that you have somehow and in some way embraced that word as a power
I cannot and will not refer to a woman in such a manner
If I say the word it is the degrade and demean
And I struggle with accepting any subtraction or devaluation of the sisterhood
If I say the word I have then become what I decry and deride
If I use the word I have decided that you are unteachable and unreachable
If I use the word I have nullified your place in the universe
If I use the word I have changed the name and purpose that God has given
Sister I will uphold and love you, sister I will continue to teach until I breathe no more
Sister I help improve your vision until you see your lineage, your heritage, your ancestry
Waving from the distant shore

No comments:

Post a Comment