Friday, January 9, 2015

THIS JOY THAT I HAVE! BY: KB © 1.9.15

Matthew 11:29-30 King James Version (KJV)
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Oh! I feel a bit of a word coming on today…hang on y’all….you know how I do it!!! Some of you may not fully get where I’m coming from so I challenge you to grab a Bible and try to learn…some of y’all understand and choose to ignore the message…my prayer is for your change of heart… my wish is for everyone to live in this joy!!! Maybe I’m transitioning over into “church mother” status but I truly understand why the saints sing THIS JOY THAT I HAVE! 

REAL TALK from KB: T.D. Jakes – Can You Stand To Be Blessed – Chapter 6 Romancing A Stone? OMG!!!!!! I woke up a little after midnight and read this chapter into almost 2 am. 

Y’all I’m telling you…if you want to get free of some things that you've been weighted down by…you want to step into God’s will. You want to line up you walk and talk…..READ THIS BOOK!!! I am blessed by the fact that I had a spiritual foundation. I was raised in church.  I strayed BIG TIME!!! I returned…I strayed again….at about age 32 I made a commitment to God and even attended seminary for a period of time. I was appointed to a ministerial position, which I subsequently gave up. I did not stray from my faith walk but I did however question my calling.
Fast forward a few years forward I am still deep into my spirituality but it had dulled over the years. Prayer time and worship were compromised. I didn't stray but I didn't put in the time or the work either. I treated my relationship with God like I do some of my friends….you know, you’re still acquainted and connected but you don’t talk on a regular basis. God is a friend but He is also, well, GOD!  He is worthy of all my attention and praise.

Now, in the moment, current, to date…..I had to acknowledge my hurt, my guilt, my anger and my pain…majority of it as a result of poor choices. I had to acknowledge these things as the things that truly prevented me from connecting with the fullness of God. Today I can say that I am free after acknowledging the weight I was choosing to pick up every day….it was easier to lift the weight than to carry my cross (if you don’t get the reference grab a Bible and read Matthew 16:24). I was more willing to identify with my own suffering than to acknowledge that Christ did far more suffering for me .

I can say that it is truly a blessing to understand what God was talking about when He said take my yoke upon you….


How ya livin’?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment