Sunday, January 18, 2015

Quitters Never Win BY: KB 1.18.15

As some of you may know, I've spent the better part of last week battling the flu, AGAIN, I found out that this year's flu vaccine was only 23% effective and I work with a very large homeless population so I'm grateful it was only a mild case of the flu. Fear not, I wasn't just sitting idle during my down time: I came up with the brilliant idea to set up a website to provide motivational messages for people who just like to start off their day with a bit of positivity. I launch the site today - I had a few technical difficulties but I got it up and running none the less. I'm praying that God will cause the site to increase.

I finished my T.D Jakes book (still on point for my new year's list - 1 book a month; I'm actually half way through my second book). I can't recommend the book enough Can You Stand To Be Blessed - read it!

My thoughts today are about quitting, giving up, throwing in the towel...whatever you want to call it. I see it as a MAJOR character defect rooted in extreme selfishness. Now, on some points we know what we want; that's a fair assessment, but is our knowing in line with God's plan and purpose or is our knowing rooted in our emotions and desire for immediate gratification?

Psalm 40:1-17 ESV  To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie! You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told. ...

Habakkuk 2:1-3 ESV  I will take my stand at my watchpost and station myself on the tower, and look out to see what he will say to me, and what I will answer concerning my complaint. And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.

Isaiah 40:31 ESV   But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Psalm 27:13-14 ESV  I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

Just about every instruction from God to man has been to watch and wait. If one of God's people is in immediate danger He moves but for the most part it's us operating on instruction and direction from God.

Please not that not one time in any of my studies, I could be wrong but I don't believe it's the case, did God ask anyone how he/she felt about what He was asking/telling them. Not one time did He ask what anyone thought...

Bottom line, you either have the faith big and strong enough to trust God or you don't. Just know, every time we add to instruction or change instruction we are blocking a blessing. Just know,  every time we add to instruction or change direction we are showing disrespect to God....funny thing is, God is going to get His work done, we have the choice to do it out of love and just enjoy the goodness of God or we can be made to do it and grumble and stumble through the process and miss out; only to have to repeat the process at some other point in life until we get the lesson.

Where did we every get the notion that everything is supposed to feel good and that we're supposed to like it? If we were talking to a child with this mindset we would call them several different kinds of "spoiled." What do you think God sees when we act this way?

Romans 8:28 says -  28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Whose purpose are you operating on? Are you quitting just short of your promise just because "it" doesn't look or feel like what you've planned?

How ya livin'?!




No comments:

Post a Comment