Saturday, January 17, 2015

My Revelation BY: KB © 1.17.15

I'm sitting here listening to a dog snore; I'm house sitting and my sister has three very pampered pooches. As I sit here listening to the dulcet (NOT!!!!) snores I'm looking at various posts and pics to kick off my inaugural website page.  Funny thing, the pages began to form a mental pattern in my head...and a word just dropped into my spirit.

In my perusing I noticed that my picture choices began to focus on the word love and the word began to resonate in my mind and spirit. I began to think about what the word love meant to me and how it applied to my life...and it just dawned on me and I was floored, to the point of praise,  by what was revealed. It dawned on me that the capacity and the depth of my love is also my cross....now, it may sound a bit odd but hear me out. People who know me know that I am not the warm, fuzzy, free hug type of person....it's not part of my character or outward personae. But, the people who know me ALSO KNOW that I have been both blessed and burdened by my capacity to love....look at my job and how I approach ministry and service. Love is a blessing because I know it's from God and I do not treat it lightly. I rarely say the words "I Love You " because of the magnitude and the sanctity of the words and what they can mean to someone. Love is a burden, and by burden I don't mean a bad thing like I'm put upon in a mean way, I mean it is the weight of my service, because I love hard...I have received a gift that allows me to see and feel hurt in others and I love them until they are able to love themselves.

Matthew 5: 1-12  Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to Him, 2 and He began to teach them, saying:
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.  
12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.


Luke 9:23 New International Version (NIV)
23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.

What is your cross? What is both your blessing and your service?...keeping in mind that service is a gift to God because of your love for Him.


How ya livin'?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment