Saturday, January 3, 2015

Patience BY: KB © 1.3.15

Every time I pick up my book I am blessed to the point of praise and I can only get through about 3 pages before I am flooded with thoughts and notes. I can't seem to get my Nook to respond fast enough so I place the notes on my phone.

Today T.D, Jakes floored me with "One of the greatest struggles I have encountered is the temptation to make a permanent decision based on temporary circumstances. Someone once said, "Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, but its fruit is sweet." The reward of patience is reflected in gradually not having to amend your amendments. Temporary circumstances do not always require action. I have found that prayer brings us into patience. Patience results from trust. We cannot trust a God we don't talk with....Prayer is the seasoning of good judgment.

I have been writing about moving beyond mere belief. I been saying that we have to live, breathe and have our being in God.

Personally, I could feel the spirit move and my heart change the very moment I decided to stop giving lip service to, compartmentalizing and intellectualizing my knowledge of Christ. I could feel Him lift the weight of excuses. I could feel the strength return to my body when He removed the constant voice of self-doubt. I could feel the cleansing tears watering my parched and dormant heart.

Psalm 40:1 - 4     I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

I've been discussing my spiritual awakening for a few weeks now...as T.D.  Jake so aptly described it in my first day of reading, my anointing began with adversity...what I say and do in the press is up to me. As I shared my thoughts with a friend,  this Scripture  Luke 4:   17- 19   …17 And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written, 18 "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND, TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED, 19 TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD."  
…became a very clear message for me


Have you experienced your call? How do you know? How ya livin' ?

No comments:

Post a Comment