Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Fussin’, Cussin’ and Complainin’ BY: KB © 1.27.15

Have you ever really listened to yourself during the day? What do you hear? After the New Year I became keenly aware of my speech. Some days I'm full of jokes and laughter; I speak kindly to my family and friends but for the most part all I heard was grumbling. Whereas I'm aware of it and I catch myself and correct it...I'm still in that "mode". When I catch myself getting negative, I stop and I pray, in that instant! I have to because it's easy to focus on what's wrong and what I want....and those were my solutions to the problems. Not at any point in time in my grumblings did I ask myself "What is God calling for and what can I do to fix it?"  My solutions and my grumblings were rooted in selfishness plain and simple....I wanted what I wanted, when I wanted it and like a petulant child I tend to let God and everybody else know.

Philippians 2: 14   Do everything without grumbling or arguing,

Romans 12:2   And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Philippians 4:11   Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content.

Negativity will quickly consume you if you allow it to take root.


My new mantra – God id good all the time, and all the time God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment