Thursday, January 29, 2015

Extra BY: KB © 1.29.14

Galatians 6:8 - 10     …8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.

When is the last time you did something for someone; not out of a sense of obligation? I’m not talking about a commitment to “pay it forward” but a random act of kindness…

Speaking of random, I ask this question because I've been battling a zombie state due to lack of sleep. I've been heading to 7-11 for their exotically and elaborately named coffees. This morning was no different. I stumbled out of my car in deep thought about something I was planning to write. As I exited my car I noticed a homeless guy huddled against a building trying to get some sleep. I also noticed how several people just ignored his presence. I didn't ignore him; I saw him; I opted not to disturb his peace…for all I know, like me, he could have been deep in thought and prayer. I entered the store but instead of my usual coffee and donut…I loaded up on the “real” breakfast foods and brought myself a milk. On my way back to my car…I excused myself for intruding on the homeless guy’s peace but I handed him the breakfast food….


I know there is going to be a number of you who are going to find fault with me for sharing the story…but I’m sharing it to illustrate a point. The point being, we have so much, we take so much for granted…I've been going to the 7-11 for a couple of days this week; when you look at it I’m throwing money away…the stuff I buy is not a necessity. Today the Holy Spirit revealed that to me and the money that I would have normally wasted on something frivolous went to something noble and right!  So, think about this little story the next time you have a few extra coins…

How ya livin'?

No comments:

Post a Comment