Friday, January 2, 2015

Romans 12:2 The renewing of your mind. BY: KB © 1.2.15

Please, please, please…I don’t want anyone to think that I am all in your business and/or spilling T in a roundabout way…I’m not even wired that way, so get that out of your mind. It’s hard enough being and doing me, y’all read my struggles in the blog on a regular basis. If anything I write hits home then embrace it; it’s God word for you! I’m writing out of my own experience…it’s God word for me for 2015 and it is wonderful!

The Bible calls change repentance. Repentance is God’s gift to a struggling heart who wants to find himself. The Lord wants to bring you to a place of safety and shelter. Without the Holy Spirit’s help you can search and search and still not find repentance. The Lord will show the place of repentance only to those who hunger and thirst after righteousness. – T.D. Jakes

Acts 5: 30- 32    …30 "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross. 31 "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. 32 "And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him."
My spiritual awakening may not make sense to a lot of people, that’s OK it doesn't have to…it is what is required of me. My grandma used to say “when you know better you are required to do better!” I now know better. I am yielded and still to the Holy Spirit. I am repentant.

The shaping of my will involves a trip to the Garden of Gethsemane

Matthew 26: 36 – 39    36 Then Jesus *came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and *said to His disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37 And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be grieved and distressed.38 Then He *said to them, “My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch with Me.”
39 And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.

Please note the last 4 words: but as You will. I have allowed my pride and my self-will to lead me down a path that does not bring life. The path does not have living water. The path does not have road signs to get me back. The path does not have shepherds who will tend to me until my owner comes.

The word Gethsemane translates to the English – oil press. God presses His oil, His anointing for our lives out of our adversity…

Think about that for just a second…are you going through something? Is it constricting and painful? That’s God at work…He’s transforming you.

The prefix of the word transforming is “trans” and it denotes movement implying a progression….some of us will use the discomfort as a reason and an excuse to regress….or to stay stuck in the same dysfunctional behaviors and to cry out in prayer for different results.
Really?!!! How can you solve a problem with the same thinking that created it?

Let’s go back to the word repentance, when you are truly repentant and you come to yourself and recognize that you are off your life path…your spirit should grieve and you should mourn over the disconnect…it is God will and pleasure to restore. The prodigal’s son left haughty in self-will and returned humble for having separated himself from love.


What does your “get back” look like? How ya livin’?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment