Tuesday, January 6, 2015

None But The Righteous BY: KB© 1.6.15

Call it strange.....yup, just plain strange.....but I woke up to the tune of Take Me To The Water going in my head...but I was on the verse "none but the righteous"...

You know me I had to ask what it was all about. I had a series of rapid fire questions going off in my head; just when I thought I found peace and calm. However,  I am praising God to be vexed in such a way.

So my next question to myself is what does it mean to be righteous...I know what I've heard and seen over the years and none of those thing appealed to me. So, like any good modern day student I googled righteousness...not for my personal answer but to see what scriptures were used to indicate righteousness. The very first passage quoted was on the Miriam-Webster reference: Matthew 6:33

Matthew 6:32- 34     …32 "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

So, long story short....staying to the point and keeping it simple....righteousness is working on being the best person that I can be, honoring God in my walk and talk and staying present and in the moment.

Nowhere did it say that I am to touting rhetoric and dogma. Nowhere did it say I'd should be full of condemnation and judgment. Nowhere did it say I'd have the power to place people in Hell or to evaluate their worthiness and purpose.


How ya livin'?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment