Tuesday, March 19, 2019

On The Light Path


You ever meet someone that is so upbeat that it’s annoying?  I walk around in my “hard, crusty, rusty” but the folks that know me will tell you that I’m that annoying person….Nope, I’m not that kid that walks in sunlight handing out hugs and flowers. I’m that realist that will tell you “it is what it is…. But baby trust and believe God is in it” I’m not that person who will hug you when you spit on me….I’m that person who will whip yo’ natural born behind but then tell you why I did it and hope you get the lesson.

Don’t get me wrong I used to be that person who would complain about not having anything to complain about. I was that person who saw the negative in everything…..that was until I heard the word cancer and it had my name attached to it. Some people lose their minds when they hear that word….I tell you, no, let me rephrase that, I’m here to tell you that the diagnosis saved my life. I say this because I am here to celebrate all that my life has in it….good, bad or otherwise it’s all mine to live through!. I no longer hope and wish. I trust and believe.   I know, receive and live in the beautiful light….

I’m going to tie this into the video from yesterday “our steps are ordered”
First, have you ever given thought to what it means to have your steps ordered? Consider this …our God is a God of order. He does not operate in confusion or time or tense. He is I am, ever present, all knowing….He has been all through something before it even gets to you…
Joshua 1:3 New International Version (NIV)
3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses.
Proverbs 16:9 New International Version (NIV)
9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.
Proverbs 3:5-6 New International Version (NIV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight
.

If you note, there are no special terms and conditions put on these promises God says I will give you this because your heart is right….remember our obedience is a choice given out of love and respect not fear….(so when you read Proverb 3:5-6 the word submission is a byproduct of love.

Another gift that stems from ordered steps is the gift of light…. Not only are our steps ordered but they are illuminated so we do not stumble if our path should become dark.
John 8:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
Isaiah 42:16 New International Version (NIV)
16 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

Matthew 5:16 New International Version (NIV)
16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.


Our paths are also made level and easier to travel because we walk in the light…..we know where to place our feet and we shine the way for others by our example…..
That being said are you of and in the light….
You know I can’t write anything without paying homage to the old saints who sang ……walk in the light, the beautiful light, come where the dewdrops of mercy shine bright….

No comments:

Post a Comment