Sunday, March 3, 2019




I love my food…and there’s an added bonus of having the meal with family and friends. My nephews are really cool little dudes who crack me up at meal time because they fight to say grace; they both end up saying it and I can tell you its like being at a holy convocation because one has to outdo the other in prayer…..
This leads me to my message for today and it is about GRACE….God’s unmerited goodness to us.
I used the story about prayer over food because that how many of us use the word; grace or blessing. Both uses are totally and completely accurate in that we are fed, by grace and it is truly a blessing to receive.
I’m going to just jump right in analyzing the word grace and how it applies:
Psalm 84:11 New International Version (NIV)
11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
A couple of things stand out for me with this passage. First, the word sun jumped out at me because to me, I interpreted it as God being our warmth and comfort and then the passage goes on to say that because He’s our warmth and comfort He blesses…. GRACE!!!! I didn’t do anything to earn it He just saw fit to provide because He IS (I AM!!!)

John 1:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
Receiving God places us in a higher position….GRACE!!!
God is truly, truly good to us and. He proves it continually by providing His coving, protection, comfort and blessings even when we KNOW that we have done nothing to deserve it.
I don’t know about you but grace sure feels good when you know you’re in the middle of a mess….and God shows up and provide the grace to make it a message. He feeds me daily! I only have to receive (being aware of the gift and sharing the message of the gift)

No comments:

Post a Comment